martedì 8 febbraio 2011

Basilica di Santa Croce

After class today I had to bargain for a carry on suitcase since I was not allowed to bring mine on my original flight.  I was able to get one for 13 euro so hopefully it will last for the rest of the semester.

After that I decided to check out the leather shops in the Santa Croce Piazza which is what we live next to.  My roommate had said it's the best leather in Florence and she was right.  They are all hidden shops that lead into one another with great jackets and bags.

I finally decided to go into the Basilica of Santa Croce today to see the church, it's famous burial spots, and chapels within it. Unfortunately the main alter was under construction so I was unable to get a good view of it.

Michelangelo's tomb




Dante's tomb

Machiavelli's tomb



Galileo's tomb

part of another chapel 


the gardens outside the basilica leading to other chapels

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento