venerdì 4 febbraio 2011

Ningrone

Last night we went to a bar my teacher recommended for me to go to for appertivos.  It was an Italian bar and it was obvious that they didn't want Americans in it the minute we walked in.  We wanted to try and change their impressions of americans as loud and obnoxious.  We ordered the Italian signature liquor drink that my teacher recommended called Ningrone.  It was a super strong whiskey drink that we pretended to like.  The best part of appertivos is that with your drink you can eat the food they have out.  They served gnocchi, bruschette, salad, and a lot of other italian finger foods.  We limited ourselves with the food so we wouldn't reaffirm the stereotype of American appetites.

I have worn heels most nights and have become and expert at walking the cobble stone streets in heels.  I have also gotten a lot better at handling the cars around here.  An instant sign that someone is American is when they hear a car coming, turn around, scream and run to the side walk.  I have learned to act like the other Italian women while walking which is to not act scared when there is a moped coming at you at what seems like 100 miles per hour. They simply move an inch to the side and act like nothing passed them.

Since we don't have class today were going to get lost in Florence and hopefully get some good shopping in.

1 commento:

  1. I think I'm the only one who comments here!

    I read this every day and I love that you're keeping us informed of what you're up to. We miss you two crazy kids back here in the States, but it's great to see how much fun you're having. Thanks for picking up my sister's slack. :)

    RispondiElimina