martedì 1 febbraio 2011

First Day of Classes

Yesterday I had my first mass communications class and today was my first italian class.  I liked both of my teachers a lot, and my comm teacher told me of places to go for appertivos and dinner.  Last night we went to one of the restaurants and we were able to get a discount because I mentioned my teacher's name.  Eating healthy in Italy is pretty impossible so we decided last night to save money and calories that we will eat in during the weekdays.
Afterword we got cocktails at a local bar and then went to an irish pub to see about reserving a table for the superbowl.

In my comm class I learned a lot about the Italian prime minister (Berlusconi) and how corrupt the government is since he owns the 3 main tv networks in Italy.  He won't allow anything negative to be aired about him, or any questions/statements about his numerous affairs.  The European Union is a union of about 30 countries in Europe that all have to follow a set of standards and laws to join.  There is a lot of controversy because Turkey isn't allowed to join the EU until they become secular and stop censorship online.  However, Italy would technically not be allowed to join the EU either because of Berlusconi's manipulation over the Italian media outlets.

On a lighter note, its a beautiful day out so were gonna climb to the top of the Duomo and take some good pictures!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento